Full Time | North London (Brent, Middlesex)
This position is based within the park programme throughout the London Borough of Brent. The coach will work alongside the Head Coach and team within the overall programme of tennis development across the Borough.
The role will be on court and start on 20 hours with additional opportunities for individual coaching hours and further group work. On-court weekly delivery consists of mini, junior and adult group sessions plus individual sessions and on an adhoc basis holiday camps and tournaments.
The role is expected to grow into a full time 25 hours of core group delivery plus individuals.
- Working within the largest Coaching Organisation in the UK
- Chance to help build and grow a park programme
- Personal Development pathway within the company – CPD, mentoring, on and off court training
- Coaching terms with Tecnifibre and Adidas. Personal retailer for Tecnifibre in which you keep 100% of profits generated by sales.
- To deliver a high quality programme which caters for all ages and abilities across multiple park venues
- To deliver a minimum of 20 hours of core Mini, Junior and Adult coaching per week and be available for individual coaching delivery.
- To assess the programme quality and results regularly and adapt where necessary to ensure the programme and venues usage continues to grow.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required within your team
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing tennis programme in North London. You will also join a strong and innovative tennis association working with driven and supportive facility owners.
Overview of Venue
National Tennis Association (NTA) is leading tennis management and coaching provider in the UK, established in 2004 to increase tennis participation by developing professional coaching programmes and forming links between clubs, schools, and local authorities.
NTA is recognised as an official national partner of the LTA.
We offer professional management solutions to venues and coaches that are proven to develop and enhance multiple aspects of tennis services and work closely with the LTA and tennis venues in developing programmes and facilities in the UK.
Our coaches are an essential asset to the company, so we believe in extensive support and development for all team members.
Our Brent Parks Tennis programme is based across 9 venues and 48 courts. NTA manage the coaching aspects of the offer on behalf of the local authority, this includes group and individual coaching.
The successful candidate must be experienced, and comfortable working with kids aged 4-17 and be trained as an LTA Youth coach. The candidate must also have:
- passion and enthusiasm for the game
- experience in delivering a wide range of coaching sessions.
- a strong customer service ethos and desire to improve coaching services to all.
- a professional manner and be reliable
- the ability to offer professionalism and become a role model for players
- the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- the passion for continued learning and self-development
- some experience in working with the LTA and tennis clubs
- experience in marketing coaching programmes in local communities and schools
- experience in using software packages (including ClubSpark)
Why join us?