Full Time | East London, Essex
This position is based within our park programme in East London within the Newham Parks Tennis team. The coach will work alongside the Head Coach and team within the overall programme of tennis development across the Borough of Newham.
The role will be on court and start on 18 hours group coaching with additional opportunities for individual coaching hours. There will be a chance to grow and build further group work and individual lessons on top.
The programme is across 4 park venues hosting 15 outdoor hard courts (8 floodlit courts), including the biggest venue at Stratford Park which has 6 floodlit hard courts.
On-court weekly delivery consists of mini, junior and adult group sessions plus individual sessions. There is also an opportunity to deliver holiday camps and tournaments on an adhoc basis.
– Working within the largest Coaching Organisation in the UK
– Chance to help build and grow a park programme
– Personal Development pathway within the company – CPD, mentoring, on and off court training
– Coaching terms with Tecnifibre and Adidas. Personal retailer for Tecnifibre in which you keep 100% of profits generated by sales.
1) To deliver a high quality programme which caters for all ages and abilities across multiple park venues
2) To deliver a minimum of 18 hours of core Junior, Adult and Academy coaching per week and be available for individual coaching delivery.
3) To assess the programme quality and results regularly and adapt where necessary to ensure the programme and venues usage continues to grow.
4) To undertake any other duties as may be required within your team
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of one of the biggest park programme in the country based in East London. You will also join a strong and innovative tennis association who work with driven and supportive facility owners.
Overview of Venue
National Tennis Association (NTA) has been supporting tennis within the UK since 2004. We are a social enterprise, working alongside the LTA as a National Partner to inspire, develop and educate.
Our ethos is to attract more people into tennis. As the leading national operator of tennis, we offer a wide range of management solutions and programmes empowering tennis coaches to succeed.
The NTA team comprises over 50 dedicated people, committed to making an impact. We put our workforce first. Working in positive and rewarding environments, as a team or in partnership, is the best way to get results. Trust is at the foundation of who we are, from the trust built with each other, to our customers, partners and community.
Our Newham Parks Tennis programme is based across 4 venues and 15 outdoor hard courts 8 of which are floodlit and has a membership of over 1500 members. NTA manage all aspects of the offer across all of the venues on behalf of the local authority, this includes individual, group coaching, membership and court booking.
The project offers a great chance for a motivated individual to build a base of players at the park venues and have a strong full-time earning potential.
Why join us?