Full Time | Joint Role at Swindon Tennis Centre and St Michael’s Park, Cirencester within Wiltshire and Gloucestershire.
This is an employed position with the National Tennis Association at Swindon Tennis Club with a 10 courts floodlit facility and overseeing a 4 Court (2x floodlit) programme in Cirencester. The coach will support a growing programme alongside the Head Coach and coaching team within the Junior and Adult timetable.
On-court delivery consists of delivering LTA Youth Start, and delivering blue stage through to adult group sessions on Mondays to Saturday excluding Thursdays which is an opportunity to teach indivudal lessons. In addition to this, larger group work such as School Tasters and Holiday Camps are available.
It is expected the group coaching hours will grow. The successful candidate will quickly build a minimum of 10 hours of regular individual coaching sessions (as we have a current waiting list).
- To deliver a high quality, all-round coaching programme that caters for all ages and abilities.
- To deliver an initial minimum of 18.5 hours of core group coaching per week and be available for individual coaching delivery. Group coaching hours are on evenings and weekends.
- To assess the programme quality with the Coaching Team and adapt where necessary to ensure the programme and venues usage continues to grow.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required.
Overview of Venues:
Swindon Tennis Centre:
The facilities at St Mark’s Recretional Ground were part of a huge redevelopment programme in 2015 and then updated in 2019, which included 10 newly painted floodlit tennis courts, 4 floodlit touchtennis courts (new for 2019) and a community café (The Park Coffee House).
– 3 x tennis courts (2x floodlit) with 4 touchtennis courts
– Overseeing programme expansion and delivery of group coaching
– We have just been awarded the LTA Communities and Parks Award
– Users can access courts via ClubSpark
– LTA Licensed coaching programmes for all ages and abilities
– Free parking
The successful candidate must be experienced, and comfortable working with kids aged 4-17 and be trained as an LTA Youth coach. The candidate must also have:
- passion and enthusiasm for the game
- experience in delivering a wide range of coaching sessions.
- a strong customer service ethos and desire to improve coaching services to all.
- a professional manner and be reliable
- the ability to offer professionalism and become a role model for players
- the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- the passion for continued learning and self-development
- some experience in working with the LTA and tennis clubs
- experience in marketing coaching programmes in local communities and schools
- experience in using software packages (including ClubSpark)
Why join us?
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please email a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com
If you would like to discuss this role, please contact Scott directly by email or call on 020 8152 2674
Interviews will take place immediately with a view to starting as soon as possible.