Part Time | Surrey Heath Tennis (Camberley/Frimley, Surrey)
An exciting employment opportunity to be the lead coach for a developing project and coaching programme in Surrey Heath.
Surrey Heath Parks Tennis (SHPT) is a multi-site parks tennis project around Camberley and Frimley. Initially, the role will be on the court with 10x hours of core group delivery on Saturday and Sunday (5x hours each day), at London Road Recreation Ground in Camberley, and between 5-10 weekly individual coaching hours. On-court delivery consists of LTA Youth and some adult group sessions, Saturday and Sunday, plus individual sessions and holiday camps.
The role will grow into a full-time position by Summer 2022. We are ideally looking for an LTA Level 2 or Level 3 with aspirations to establishing themselves as a full-time Head Coach, managing and developing a coaching programme and team. We will offer full training and mentoring to the right candidate to upskill towards a Head Coach role. By Summer 2022, the position will expand to full-time hours with planned expansion on weekdays at Wychetts, alongside bringing in more coaches to support the weekend delivery. By Summer 2022, coaching delivery would develop to weekdays and one day at the weekend.
The successful candidate will be able to deliver an individual coaching business. There are no court fees to provide individual coaching, and the coach will retain 100% of the income generated with no other competition.
- To deliver a high-quality coaching programme that caters for all ages and abilities.
- To deliver an initial minimum of 10 hours of core group coaching on Saturday/Sunday and be available for individual coaching delivery. Coaching hours are currently delivered on Saturday and Sunday.
- To assess the programme quality and results regularly and adapt where necessary to ensure the programme and venues usage continues to grow.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required.
Overview of Venue
National Tennis Association (NTA) is a leading tennis management and coaching provider in the UK, established in 2004 to increase tennis participation by developing professional coaching programmes and forming links between clubs, schools, and local authorities.
NTA is recognised as an official national partner of the LTA.
We offer professional management solutions to venues and coaches that are proven to develop and enhance multiple aspects of tennis services and work closely with the LTA and tennis venues in developing programmes and facilities in the UK.
Our coaches are an essential asset to the company, so we believe in extensive support and development for all team members.
SHPT is an established parks tennis programme supported by NTA and the LTA. The scheme covers four key park sites in Surrey Heath:
- London Road Recreation Ground – 4x tennis courts
- Wychetts Recreation Ground – 5x floodlit tennis courts
- Mychetts Recreation Ground – 2x tennis courts
- Frimley Green Recreation Ground – 2x tennis courts
Three years ago, London Road Recreation Ground (a 4x court facility in the centre of Camberley) was refurbished with LTA Smart Access. This venue is fully established with a thriving weekend coaching programme, a large player base, and excellent court occupancy. Phase two of the project is to refurbish the other three sites in Wychetts, Mychetts and Frimley Green. This includes an investment of over £200k and is due to be complete before Spring 2022. The capital refurbishment project will provide a fully refurbished multi-site tennis project, consisting of 13x courts, of which 5x courts will be LED floodlit at Wychetts.
For more information visit – https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/tennisinsurreyheath
The successful candidate must be experienced, and comfortable working with kids aged 4-17 and be trained as an LTA Youth coach. The candidate must also have:
- passion and enthusiasm for the game
- experience in delivering a wide range of coaching sessions.
- a strong customer service ethos and desire to improve coaching services to all.
- a professional manner and be reliable
- the ability to offer professionalism and become a role model for players
- the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- the passion for continued learning and self-development
- some experience in working with the LTA and tennis clubs
- experience in marketing coaching programmes in local communities and schools
- experience in using software packages (including ClubSpark)
Why join us?