Full Time | South Oxfordshire
This is an employed position with National Tennis Association based predominantly at three tennis clubs in South Oxfordshire (Benson Tennis Club, Blewbury Tennis Club and Cholsey Tennis Club). All three clubs are located within a 10-minute drive of each other. The coach will join a team and lead, build and develop a successful and established weekly group coaching programme at the clubs.
The role will be on the court with 25 hours of core group delivery, plus opportunities for a minimum of 10+ individual coaching hours.
On-court delivery consists of LTA Youth and some adult group sessions, on Monday to Saturday, plus individual sessions and larger group work such as school tasters and holiday camps.
The successful candidate will be able to deliver an individual coaching business at all three tennis clubs, which has a combined membership of 900 tennis players. There are no court fees to deliver individual coaching, and the successful candidate will be able to build an individual coaching business alongside delivering a group coaching programme.
The salary is based on 25x hours of weekly group coaching across 47 weeks of the year. The role is also expected to earn an additional £12,000 in the first year from individual coaching. The total package in year one has the earning potential of £32,000. From year two it is expected to rise to between £35-40k.
- Salaried position
- Retain 100% income from individual coaching
- 5x weeks paid holiday
- Workplace perks – discount scheme (examples: cinema discounts, supermarket shopping discounts)
- Workplace Pension
- Personal Development Plan and CDP courses
- All equipment provided
- Terms with Tecnifibre and Adidas
- To deliver a high-quality coaching programme that caters for all ages and abilities.
- To deliver an initial minimum of 25 hours of core group coaching per week and be available for individual coaching delivery. Coaching hours are on evenings and weekends.
- To assess the programme quality and results regularly and adapt where necessary to ensure the programme and venues usage continues to grow.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required.
Overview of Venue
Cholsey Tennis Club has 4 floodlit courts, a clubhouse, onsite parking and an existing membership and programme player base. For more information: http://www.cholseytennisclub.co.uk/
Benson Tennis Club has 4 floodlit courts, a clubhouse, onsite parking and an existing membership and programme player base. For more information: https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/bensontennisclub
Blewbury Tennis Club has 4 floodlit courts, a clubhouse, onsite parking, a new innovative membership scheme, pay and play facilities, and an existing membership and programme player base. For more information: https://blewburytennis.co.uk/
The successful candidate must be experienced and comfortable working with kids aged 4-17 and be trained as an LTA Youth coach. The candidate must also have:
- passion and enthusiasm for the game
- experience in delivering a wide range of coaching sessions.
- a strong customer service ethos and desire to improve coaching services to all.
- a professional manner and be reliable
- the ability to offer professionalism and become a role model for players
- the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- the passion for continued learning and self-development
- some experience in working with the LTA and tennis clubs
- experience in marketing coaching programmes in local communities and schools
- experience in using software packages (including ClubSpark)
Why join us?