Part Time | Luton Parks Tennis (Central Luton, Beds)
This is an exciting employment opportunity to be the lead coach for a developing project and programme in Luton.
Luton Parks Tennis (LPT) is a new initiative created in partnership with National Tennis Association, Luton Borough Council and the LTA. The aim of LPT is to offer Smart Access throughout Luton’s park tennis stock and offer a wide range of coaching and playing opportunities for the town.
The role will be on the court with 15 hours of core group delivery, and between 5-10 weekly individual coaching hours.
On-court delivery consists of LTA Youth and some adult group sessions, Thursday to Sunday, plus individual sessions and larger group work such as school tasters and holiday camps.
The successful candidate will be able to deliver an individual coaching business. There are no court fees to deliver individual coaching and the coach will retain 100% of income generated with no other competition. The role is expected to grow into a full-time position by Summer 2022.
The salary is based on 15x hours of weekly group coaching across 47 weeks of the year, alongside individual coaching hours.
This is an established role, and the total package is between £20,000 to £25,000 in year one.
- To deliver a high-quality coaching programme that caters for all ages and abilities.
- To deliver an initial minimum of 15 hours of core group coaching per week and be available for individual coaching delivery. Coaching hours are on evenings and weekends (Thurs – Sun).
- To assess the programme quality and results regularly and adapt where necessary to ensure the programme and venues usage continues to grow.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required.
Overview of Venue
National Tennis Association (NTA) is a leading tennis management and coaching provider in UK, established in 2004, with the aim of increasing participation in the sport through the development of professional coaching programmes and forming links between clubs, schools and local authorities.
NTA are recognised as an official national partner of the LTA.
We offer professional management solutions to venues and coaches that are proven to develop and enhance multiple aspects of tennis services and work closely with the LTA and tennis venues in developing programmes and facilities in the UK.
Our coaches are the most important asset to the company so we believe in extensive support and development for all members of the team.
Luton Parks Tennis established in 2021 in partnership with the LTA. The scheme covers the three key park sites in Luton:
- Wardown Park – 4x tennis courts
- Memorial Park – 3x tennis courts
- Lewsey Park – 3x floodlit tennis courts
We are currently working with the LTA and Luton Borough Council on a major refurbishment scheme to refurbish all courts, and we have now installed LTA SmarAccess. Since 2020 we have established a coaching growing coaching programme with over 60 players attending weekly, and we have a growing database of bookings for individual coaching opportunities. By Spring 2022, the refurbishments will be complete, and the role will become full-time.
For more information visit – https://lutonparkstennis.org.uk/
The successful candidate must be experienced and comfortable working with kids aged 4-17 and be trained as an LTA Youth coach. The candidate must also have:
- passion and enthusiasm for the game
- experience in delivering a wide range of coaching sessions.
- a strong customer service ethos and desire to improve coaching services to all.
- a professional manner and be reliable
- the ability to offer professionalism and become a role model for players
- the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- the passion for continued learning and self-development
- some experience in working with the LTA and tennis clubs
- experience in marketing coaching programmes in local communities and schools
- experience in using software packages (including ClubSpark)
Why join us?