Schools Tennis Coach
Part-Time | Oxfordshire.
This is a part-time position with National Tennis Association to lead the delivery of in-school tennis coaching at six schools within South Oxfordshire. The role will include delivery of tennis sessions within school facilities working alongside teachers to offer tennis opportunities to pupils.
The role consists of 20 hours of weekly school tennis coaching delivery during term-time only (39 weeks), and delivery consists of the following example timetable:
- Mondays – 12 pm – 4 pm [School 1]
- Tuesdays – 9 am – 1 pm [School 2] + 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm [School 3]
- Wednesdays – 9 am – 1 pm [School 4]
- Thursdays – 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm [School 5]
- Fridays – 12 pm – 4 pm [School 6]
On-court delivery consists of LTA Youth, and there is also an opportunity for additional work within our club network locally. This would consist of supporting the delivery of weekly coaching sessions delivered after school and at weekends and individual coaching opportunities. However, this is not a requirement of the role and can be offered as an additional opportunity to the right candidate.
Full training to deliver tennis coaching within a school environment will be offered. The schools linked to this role are all benefitting from funding and support from the Tim Henman Foundation [THF], and additional training will be provided by the THF and NTA to excel within the role.
- To deliver a high-quality school programme using LTA Youth principles
- To deliver 20 hours of term-time delivery within partnered schools
- To assess the programme quality and results regularly and adapt where necessary
- To undertake any other duties as may be required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous coaching experience, with a focus on tennis.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- LTA coaching qualifications – Minimum Level 1
- LTA Coach Accredited
The successful candidate must be experienced and comfortable working with young people aged 4-11 and be trained as an LTA Youth coach, as a minimum Level 1. The candidate must also have:
- passion and enthusiasm for the game
- experience in delivering a wide range of coaching sessions
- a strong customer service ethos and desire to improve coaching services to all.
- a professional manner and be reliable
- the ability to offer professionalism and become a role model for players
- the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- the passion for continued learning and self-development
- hold a valid driver’s license and have access to a car
About National Tennis Association
National Tennis Association (NTA) has been supporting tennis in the UK since 2004. We are a social enterprise working alongside the LTA as a National Partner to inspire, develop and educate.
Our ethos is to attract more people to tennis. As the leading national operator of tennis, we offer a wide range of management solutions and programmes empowering tennis coaches to succeed.
NTA team comprises over 80 dedicated people committed to making an impact. We put our workforce first. Working in positive and rewarding environments, as a team or in partnership, is the best way to get results. Trust is at the foundation of who we are, from the trust built with each other to our customers, partners and community.
The schools linked to this role include:
- Manor Primary School, Didcot
- St Nicholas CofE School, Wallingford
- Moulsford Prep, Wallingford
- Fitzwaryn School, Wantage
- Kingfisher School, Abingdon
- Bishopswood School, Sonning Common
The majority of these schools are funded and supported by the Tim Henman Foundation, which aims to support and transform the lives of disadvantaged young people through tennis [https://henmanfoundation.org/]
Part of the school delivery includes supporting three schools which are part of the Propeller Trust (Fitzwaryn School, Kingfisher School and Bishopswood School). These schools support young people with special needs. The THF will offer the selected candidate full inclusive and disability tennis coaching training to support this delivery.
Why join us?
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please email a cover letter and your CV to Ed Nieburg, firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will take place immediately with a view to starting in October 2023