Full Time | Benson & Cholsey Tennis Clubs (South Oxfordshire)
This is an employed position with National Tennis Association based at two well presented and well established clubs; Benson Tennis Club and Cholsey Tennis Club in South Oxfordshire. Both clubs are located within a 10-minute drive of each other. We are looking for a Head Coach to inherit the existing coaching programmes of over 150 weekly players, and offer individual coaching to a database of over 500 club members.
The role will be on the court with 21 hours of core group delivery, and between 10-15 weekly individual coaching hours.
On-court delivery consists of LTA Youth and some adult group sessions, on Monday to Saturday, plus individual sessions and larger group work such as school tasters and holiday camps.
The successful candidate will be able to deliver an individual coaching business at both tennis clubs, which has a combined membership of 500 tennis players. There are no court fees to deliver individual coaching and coaches retain 100% of income generated. The successful candidate will be able to build an individual coaching business alongside delivering a group coaching programme.
The salary is based on 21x hours of weekly group coaching across 47 weeks of the year, alongside individual coaching hours.
This is an established role, and the total package is between £30,000 – £35,000 in year one.
- To deliver a high-quality coaching programme that caters for all ages and abilities.
- To deliver an initial minimum of 21 hours of core group coaching per week and be available for individual coaching delivery. Coaching hours are on evenings and weekends (Mon – Sat).
- To assess the programme quality and results regularly and adapt where necessary to ensure the programme and venues usage continues to grow.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required.
Overview of Venue
National Tennis Association (NTA) is a leading tennis management and coaching provider in UK, established in 2004, with the aim of increasing participation in the sport through the development of professional coaching programmes and forming links between clubs, schools and local authorities.
NTA are recognised as an official national partner of the LTA.
We offer professional management solutions to venues and coaches that are proven to develop and enhance multiple aspects of tennis services and work closely with the LTA and tennis venues in developing programmes and facilities in the UK.
Our coaches are the most important asset to the company so we believe in extensive support and development for all members of the team.
Cholsey Tennis Club has 4 floodlit courts, a clubhouse, onsite parking and an existing membership and programme player base. For more information: http://www.cholseytennisclub.co.uk/
Benson Tennis Club has 4 floodlit courts, a clubhouse, onsite parking and an existing membership and programme player base. For more information: https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/bensontennisclub
The successful candidate must be experienced and comfortable working with kids aged 4-17 and be trained as an LTA Youth coach. The candidate must also have:
- passion and enthusiasm for the game
- experience in delivering a wide range of coaching sessions.
- a strong customer service ethos and desire to improve coaching services to all.
- a professional manner and be reliable
- the ability to offer professionalism and become a role model for players
- the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- the passion for continued learning and self-development
- some experience in working with the LTA and tennis clubs
- experience in marketing coaching programmes in local communities and schools
- experience in using software packages (including ClubSpark)
Why join us?