Assistant Head Coach
Full Time | Swindon, Wiltshire SN2 1DB
This is an employed position with National Tennis Association based at Swindon Tennis Centre, a 10x court facility (plus 4x touchtennis courts) with a cafe and pro shop. The coach will support the Head Coach and his team in the overall programme of tennis development across the centre.
The role will be on the court with a total of 35 hours p/week consisting of 25 hours of core group delivery, plus 10 hours of individual coaching sessions.
On-court delivery consists of LTA Youth and adult group sessions, on Monday to Saturday, plus individual sessions and larger group work such as school tasters and holiday camps.
The successful candidate will have access to deliver an individual coaching business at the Centre, which has a membership of over 1,500 tennis players. There are no court fees to deliver individual coaching, and the successful candidate will be able to build an individual coaching business alongside delivering a group coaching programme.
The salary is based initially on 25x hours of weekly group coaching across 47 weeks of the year, salaried at £22,100. The role will also earn an additional minimum of £12,000 in the first year from individual coaching (established hours).
The total package in year one is £34,100. From year two it is expected to rise to between £35-40k.
- Salaried position
- Retain 100% income from individual coaching
- 5x weeks paid holiday
- Workplace perks – discount scheme (examples: cinema discounts, supermarket shopping discounts)
- Workplace Pension
- Personal Development Plan and CDP courses
- All equipment provided
- Terms with Tecnifibre and Adidas
- To deliver a high quality, all-round coaching programme that caters for all ages and abilities.
- To deliver an initial minimum of 25 hours of core group coaching per week and be available for individual coaching delivery. Coaching hours are on evenings and weekends.
- To work closely with the Head Coach to develop and grow the player base and continue to develop an Academy player base at the venue.
- To assess the programme quality and results regularly and adapt where necessary to ensure the programme and venues usage continues to grow.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required.
Overview of Venue
Swindon Tennis Centre is the largest outdoor park tennis facility in the South West of England and our courts are open to the community every day of the year, between 8am and 10pm.
We have over 1,500 members, a thriving tennis club and a large coaching programme which includes an Academy section. Here are some key facts:
- 10x tennis courts (4x floodlight courts, soon to be 7 floodlit courts)
- 4x touchtennis courts
- Our coaching team consists of three tennis coaches, and our Head Coach is the current Coach of the Year for Wiltshire
- We’ve just been awarded the LTA Communities and Parks Award for Wiltshire
- Users can access courts via ClubSpark and via two SmartAccess gates
- LTA Licensed coaching programmes for all ages and abilities, seeing over 350 players per week
- The Park Coffee House & toilets
- The Racket Factory – for all your racket and restringing needs
- Based for NTA’s regional office, with an additional six people working in the office
- Free parking
- Play area
For more information about the centre, visit website.
The successful candidate must be experienced and comfortable working with kids aged 4-17 and be trained as an LTA Youth coach. The candidate must also have:
- experience in leading a tennis programme, creating growth and developing players
- passion and enthusiasm for the game
- experience in delivering a wide range of coaching sessions.
- a strong customer service ethos and desire to improve coaching services to all.
- a professional manner and be reliable
- the ability to offer professionalism and become a role model for players
- the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- the passion for continued learning and self-development
- experience in working with the LTA and tennis clubs
- experience in marketing coaching programmes in local communities and schools
- experience in using software packages (including ClubSpark)
Why join us?